Hello and welcome back to my blog! Throughout March and April, my makeup bag was minimal, filled with products to help me achieve a natural and fresh look on the go.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Concealer*: I have been tying to give my skin a break from a full face of foundation lately, so this stick concealer has been my go-to to highlight under my eyes and cover up my redness. Due to its medium coverage and moisturizing core, it keeps my skin looking and feeling healthy without ever looking dry or cakey at the end of the day. I have discovered that it looks best when I exfoliate before applying it, so if you try this, keep that in mind.
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in ‘Streak’: Every time I use this beautiful little cheek trio, I wonder why I ever stopped! The neutral matte bronzer blends seamlessly into the skin, the bright matte coral is the perfect pop of color to transition into summer, and the peachy-pink highlighter looks so pretty in person and in photos. If you are looking for the perfect product to bring with you on your next vacation, this is my number one recommendation because it is so convenient and versatile, even working well as eyeshadows. I love everything about this palette so much and think it is worth every penny. Feel free to see my full review here.
- Milk Makeup Highlighter: Cream highlighters are easy to use and are especially compatible with bare skin since they provide a lovely sheen rather than a dusty shimmer. This one is a lovely golden champagne shade with warm undertones and you can blend it out in seconds with just your fingertips. I think this would work well with all skin types and I can’t wait to get more use out of this during the summer.
- Acure Day Cream: I have recently been using this travel-sized moisturizer after I ran out of my normal one and I am so glad that I did. To be honest, I do not like the strong orange scent, but I really like how invigorating and fresh it makes my skin feel in the morning. I have found that it is great for dry and sensitive skin as well as for acne-prone skin because it is very hydrating but still lightweight.
- EOS Lip Balm: Hydrating products are always an essential part of my routine, not only because I have dry skin, but also because they have a very soothing effect. This may sound strange, but having a layer of moisture on my lips makes me feel so much more relaxed and comfortable. I loved using this vanilla lip balm during in the morning before I apply lipstick, at night before I go to bed, and during the day, especially before my final exams. These have cute packaging and actually work well as a clear brow gel, too.
Thank you so much for being a part of the Makeup By Makena community. I look forward to your feedback and sharing lots of exciting new posts in the future! Now that I am done with finals and my first year of college, I will have all summer to improve my blog and produce genuine and creative content.