Traveling with my family is one of my all-time favorite things to do — we have been to Hawaii, France, Switzerland, and Italy, and all of them are equally beautiful and amazing. Regardless of my destination, neutral and glowy makeup that lasts all day is always on my itinerary, so today, I am excited to share my favorite travel-friendly summer makeup essentials! Although these all happen to be high-end products since I usually save up my money to splurge for vacations, they are each extremely versatile, compact, and reliable, truly making them must-haves in my makeup bag.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: When it comes to travelling the world with my loved ones by my side, my passion for photography really shines through; although I prefer being behind the camera, when I am featured in photos, I want to make sure my makeup remains beautiful even after hours of exploring. This travel-size setting spray is the best solution I have found for making my makeup last forever and my vacations honestly would not be the same without it. Who wants to have to worry about their face melting off when they should be enjoying new cultures and experiences?
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix Plus Sized To Go: Airplanes always dehydrate my already-dry skin so I rely on my mini Fix Plus to fake that healthy glow. Unlike the All Nighter, this cult classic is a finishing spray, so although it does not prolong the wear of my makeup, it makes everything dewy and skin-like. I also love this to refresh my makeup after a long day… On vacation I often wear a more minimal look in the daytime, but then need to add on later that same evening for a more formal dinner look; misting this on my face makes my foundation and eberything look new again, allowing me to layer on a bit more makeup without ever looking cakey.
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Cheek Palette: These underrated gems are exceptionally convenient for bringing on trips because they contain a bronzer, blush, and highlight, plus a mirror, all in one sleek palette! Not having to bring three separate products saves so much space in my makeup bag and I genuinely love each shade, especially because the formula is so blendable and pigmented. The three colors are perfect for mixing and matching with each other and can also be used as a wearable eyeshadow look, proving themselves to be very versatile. The shade “Streak” is my favorite for summer, but unfortunately the bronzer is too light for me to use, but they have lots of colors and finishes to choose from, so you can be bronzed, blushing, and highlighted all year long. Check out my review here!
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream: To be honest, I am not completely sure about how I feel about this product considering it is pretty pricey, but I will admit it is the perfect base for any vacation, versatile enough to make it ideal for literally almost any occasion whether it’s a fancy dinner in Paris or a casual afternoon exploring Maui! The satin finish looks flawless from morning until night, never too matte or too dewy for my combination skin in the summer heat. The thing that makes this more versatile than other foundations, is that this can provide a sheer coverage for a light, natural look or be built up for a solid full coverage by simply adding a pump or two! The SPF 50 is also such a nice feature to effortlessly incorporate into my day-time routine since I spend a large portion of my vacations outside. The packaging is also amazing to travel with because you never have to worry about any glass breaking or leaking thanks to the space-saving tube and useful pump.
- BeautyBlender: I always bring this itty bitty pink sponge with me on vacation because it saves so much time and space, since it can be used for so many different things and replaces several of my brushes. I use this for foundation, concealer, all of my cream products, and even setting powder. This means I only need to bring four other brushes — my fluffy cheek brush for bronzer and blush, my small angled brush for eyeliner and brows, my fluffy eyeshadow brush for blending out my shadows and applying my highlighter, and my double-ended eyeshadow brush.
- Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette: Even though I have travelled with several other eyeshadow products, I have come to the conclusion that this practical palette is the most travel-friendly one I own because it has everything I need — nothing more and nothing less! It has lovely matte transition shades, stunning shimmery neutrals, a great shade to fill in my brows with, and a nice mirror, ideal for creating a variety of wearable day-time or night-time looks for any vacation. If you would like to know more about this tried and true product, please feel free to read my review here. For those of you who prefer to choose your own single shadows, I cannot recommend this Anastasia Beverly Hills Refillable Eye Palette enough! The Empty 4-Well Palette is only $1 on its own and in addition to fitting ABH singles, it also fits magnetic MAC and Makeup Geek ones; unlike other standard z-palettes I have tried, this is super sturdy and compact, perfect for keeping your favorite eyeshadows secure when on-the-go!
- Too Faced Travel Size Better Than Sex Mascara: Whether I am taking a road trip to the beach or flying to one of the most famous cities in Italy, this is always the first thing I toss in my makeup bag because it never fails to make my lashes look insanely voluminous, which is exactly what I want when taking vacation photos!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to spend time with me — I hope you took away some helpful tips about travelling with makeup! Which products do you think are the best for bringing on vacation this summer?