Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day with lots of good food and people! In case you have a few minutes to sit down and fulfill your daily dose of beauty, then I hope you’ll enjoy reading my review of the Sephora Favorites “Paint It Pink” Value Set, which is a perfect product to help you transition into Spring!
This is a limited edition collection of eight pink makeup procucts and can be purchased for $40 in Sephora stores or here on the Sephora website. I’m sure all of you know that I am a sucker for value sets and this one is claimed to have a $122 value and I am so happy I bought it. Now, I’m going to jump right into it and review each individual product! Also, please note that many of the products in this set are travel-sized as I mention below and I left the links to each product and all the prices mentioned are for the full-sized versions off the Sephora website.
- The Original BeautyBlender ($20): As some of you know, I already have one of these, but I love it so much, so I’m excited to have a back up! Having tried several dupes for this before finally giving in to the hype, I know that this is completely worth the money! I have been using it every day since I bought mine on Christmas and unlike all the others, it hasn’t ripped at all! It works wonderfully for applying foundation and blending out concealer and other cream and liquid products and I’m in love!
- Travel-Sized BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in “Rose Gold” ($38): To be perfectly honest, this itty bitty mini highlighter is the main reason I bought this value set because I’m obsessed with all things rose gold and wanted to try out this shade. I always assumed it would be too dark on my medium tan skin to use as a cheek highlight, but it’s beautiful! However, it looks even more beautiful as an eyeshadow either wet or dry as it gives a shimmery true rose gold sheen and makes any eye color pop! It has the same high quality pigmentation, versatility, texture, and lasting-power as all the other BECCA highlighters and provides a luxurious looking, intense glow to the high points of the face. I will probably be buying the full-sized version when this runs out, and if you’re interested in buying this individually, then I suggest trying it out in person to make sure you love the shade. This is by far my favorite product in this whole collection!
- Travel-Sized Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara ($24): I also own another mini version of this product, but it has the original packaging. I”m glad to have another one because I really like this for when I want a more natural look for everyday or special occasions. It gives your lashes an intense curl that lasts all day long, while lenghtening, too. Even though I love this mascara, I do not plan on purchasing a full-sized one when mine runs out because I feel for the price, the drugstore ones are just as good for the same effect. Personally, if I’m going to buy a high-end mascara, I want it to be very dramatic like the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. However, if you’re looking to spend some money on a high-end, more natural mascara, then this would be perfect for you!
- Travel-Sized Deborah Lippmann Sheer Nail Lacquer in “Baby Love” ($18): I’ve never heard of this brand before at Sephora and when I first saw the shade online before buying this set, I expected it to be a solid pale pink, almost white color which is super on trend this Spring. When I got it in the mail and tried it on, it was a very sheer shade, almost clear color. It does give a pretty pale “baby doll pink” tint and a very glossy finish perfect for a top coat by itself for a natural look or on top of a solid colored nail polish for some added shine. I don’t really know anything about nail polishes, but this one seems like a good quality one and if you enjoy wearing sheer nail polishes with a slight tint for Spring, then I’m sure you’d like this one. I do!
- Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in “French Kiss” ($28): Sephora describes this shade as a matte “bubblegum pink,” but I disagree; it’s more of a hot berry pink color. If you have a very deep skin tone and have difficulty finding pinks that suit you, then I think this would look stunning! This is a very expensive lipstick and it does have a very high quality. All the shades from this specific line are matte, yet they’re not drying or uncomfortable on the lips and last for several hours without fading . I do reccommend exfoliating and then moisturizing before applying this though, because if you’re lips are chapped, this will accentuate any not-cute textures. It is a very bold shade, so I will probably be giving it to my friend so at least someone gets their money’s worth. I prefer to stick to my nudes, but if you love bold pinks, then this one wil be your go-to. Personally, when I think of Spring, I think of light pinks and peaches, not hot pinks, so this would be perfect for summer. Also, in case you’re thinking of purchasing this value set online, just know that this lipstick looks completely different in person than it does in the pictures, which for me, was very disappointing.
- Travel-Sized Make Up For Ever Artist Plex-Gloss in “202 Sweet Pink”($19): I haven’t heard a lot about this product, so I was interested in tyring it. It’s a beatiful slightly sheer peachy pink, ideal for Spring. This shade is right up my alley and I’m so excited I get to try it out. It’s a bit sticky, but nothing too bad and it lasts a decent amount of time. It’s not shimmery or sparkly, but it’s very glossy and wet looking and I just love the shade so much!
- Travel-Sized Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in “Blissful” ($28): I love it when Tarte makes these blushes in the mini sizes because they’re not as expensive and they still give you the perfect amount of product. “Blissful” is a “shimmering warm peach” with some pink tones in it and gives such a pretty glow and flush to the cheeks during this season. These blushes are one of my all-time favorite formulas becuase they’re all amazing quality, highly pigmented, buildable, long-lasting, and blend beautifully! What more could you ask for? Definitely a win in my book!
- Urban Decay Eyesahdow in “Scratch”($19): On the Sephora website, this shade is called a “rose gold shimmer”, but it’s not really rose gold at all. It’s more of a shimmery cool-toned pale pink, something I would not normally use on the eyes. It probably looks best on fair skin tones, but I used it this morning and as long as I blend it out with other more warm brown shades it looks really nice, especially for Spring. This color isn’t necessarily for everyone, but if you’re searching for a pretty pink shadow, then give this one a try. Honestly, this shade is not my first choice, but Urban Decay makes amazing eyeshadows, and I’m glad I have a new color in my collection so I can continue to experiment with it.
As a whole, I am so glad I decided to buy this! Every single product is amazing quality and I’m truly in love with the set. If you’re interested in buying this value set, I would suggest that, unlike I did, you check this out in person before you decide to purchase it in order to make sure that you actually like all the colors on your skintone since they look comletely different than on the website. I’m obsessed with the highlighter, the BeautyBlender, the mascara, the lip gloss, the nail polish, and the blush, and even though they wouldn’t be my first choices due to the shades, I still like the lipstick and eyeshadow. All in all, if you love pinks and want to expand your collection for the Spring months or if you want to expand your horizons and try out some new colors, then I highly, highly reccommend this set! It’s an amazing price and each and every item is wonderful quality! If you have any questions or comments, I’d love it if you shared them with me down below!
Connect With Me:
Awesome!! Love the urban decay eye shadow! 🙂
Thanks for reading! If you’re into pinks, then “Scratch” is amazing!
I love this. Pinks one of my favourite colours!
Thanks! It’s a great value with so many wonderful products I wouldn’t have tried otherwise. xoxo
X you’re welcome ♥
[…] Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in “Blissful”: This mini blush is from the Sephora Favorites Paint It Pink Value Set and it’s such a pretty warm matte peachy pink shade that I’ve been reaching for all […]
[…] a mini size of the Make Up For Ever Artist Plexi-Gloss in “202 -Sweet Pink” in my Sephora Paint It Pink Value Set and it is a true sheer peachy lip gloss with the most incredible shine! For lipstick, I have […]
[…] Decay “Scratch” Eyeshadow: This came in my Sephora Paint it Pink Value Set, and although this shimmery, cool-toned, pale pink is not my ideal eyeshadow color, I love using it […]