Last year, I came up with the idea of creating a post in which I write about my favorite lip products and songs for the holiday season, and since Christmas is all about traditions, I will also be doing my Lippies and Lyrics again for this Twelve Days of Christmas. Grab some festive snacks, and let’s get started!
My Favorite Holiday Lippies
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in “Passion”: These innovative liquid lipsticks are my favorite formula for Winter because they have a long-lasting, pigmented velvet-matte finish and a creamy formula. This is a slightly deep yet slightly bright red shade with neutral undertones, perfect for Christmas! Please check iut my full review here!
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in “Kisses”: I think this mauve shade would be so fun to wear over the holidays because it looks amazing on a variety of skintones and the hints of plum and terra cotta are very Winter-appropriate! I have been getting so much use out of this color and love how wearable it is while still making a statement!
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in “104”: This is a plummy mauve shade with one of the best lipstick formulas I have ever tried. This one is les bright and more cool-toned than the other mauves I am mentioning, so it is ideal for Winter.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in “Dolly”: This shimmering mauve gloss is popular for a reason — it is moisturizing, pigmented, and provides intense shine. The formula is so smooth and this color adds some extra shimmer to your Christmas spirit.
- Maybelline Color Elixir in “Nude Illusion”: This creamy gloss is a great light nude option for those of you who prefer classic rather than bold lip colors, and it looks so pretty in photos.
My Favorite Holiday Lyrics
- “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole: Not only is this my Dad’s very favorite Christmas song, but it has also been one of mine this year. It is just so classic and really feels like a warm and fuzzy Christmas with family.
- “Merry Christmas, Darling” by the Carpenters: Karen Carpenter had such a beautiful voice and I really love this sweet and soft Christmas song.
- “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Buble: Is it just me or are all of Michael Buble’s songs Christmas songs? His voice is permanently festive and instantly makes me excited for Christmas. I like that he made this classic a little more modern, too.
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” with Dolly Parton: Dolly Parton Christmas songs are my most favorite type of Christmas songs, and this is no exception! You just have to listen to it; don’t worry, I’ll wait for you…
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” by Mariah Carey: I already talked about “All I Want for Christmas Is You” last year, but this is the next best thing. It is fun and makes me sing, and that is what Christmas is all about!
What are your favorite Chrismas lippies and lyrics? I would love to see one of you do this post as well, so let me know!
I love all the shades you picked out and your pictures are so pretty! I love your 12 days of christmas series!
Aaaw thanks, I’ve been obsessed with mauves lately! I’ve been reading all of your Christmas-y posts too, but Disqus is being very slow, so it’s hard to comment on them:( xoxo