No one is perfect, so today I thought I would prove that by doing this beauty tag in which I share some fun little facts about my makeup “sins.” Enjoy!
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? My most inexpensive beauty item is the Wet n Wild MegLast Lipstick in “Bare it All,” which is $1.99. This shade is a great dupe for MAC’s “Velvet Teddy,” and although the formula can be a little drying and hard to use at first, once you use it a little more it ends up being really creamy and long-lasting. It is one of my favorite lipsticks ever! My most expensive beauty product is Urban Decay Naked Palette, which costs $54. I got this for Christmas from my great-aunt a few years ago as my very first eyeshadow palette and could not be more grateful. Since I have the original one, I love all of the warm-toned shimmery shades and find that I can do so many types of looks.
2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? The first product that comes to mind for this question is automatically the BareMinerals Original Foundation. I have dry skin that can get oily in my t-zone throught the day, and even though lots of people with dry skin love this, I thought it emphasized and clung to any dry patches. It takes a pretty long time to build up the layers, but does not provide any real coverage. I have had this for a few years and the only time I ever reach for it is in the summer when I want a light, matte base. Unfortunately, the woman at the store picked a shade too light for my skin, especially when I get a tan, so even when I want to use this, it just does not work.
3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? The Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer is by far my most delicious beauty product because, like the name suggests, it smells like amazing chocolate! The sweet hot-chocolate-like scent disappears once you apply it, but whenever I use it, this bronzer makes me happy and hungry.
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? I often procrastinate or neglect filling in my eyebrows or doing my eyeliner just because it takes a while and its probably the least favorite part of my makeup. Both of these steps make a huge difference, but they are also not very creative or fun for me.
5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? One of my favorite thing about makeup is how much confidence it gives me, and out of all the products, I think foundation gives me the biggest confidence boost. Although my skin has gotten much more clear over the past year, I definitely do not have perfect skin and still struggle with a few blemishes, so foundation makes me feel more put together. I love the L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation, The Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Foundation, and the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation because no matter how I decide to do my makeup, I always adore flawless, glowy skin!
6. LUST: What makeup products do you always buy on an impulse? I am always lusting after value sets from Sephora and Ulta, epsecially ones that are limited edition! I have reviewed several of them here on my blog, but still have a lot more on my wishlist. I just cannot help myself because they are all so pretty and mini and cute! P.S. I made up my own question for this category because the original one had nothing to do with makeup.
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? I am completely jealous of anyone who managed to get their hands on the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette! I am really hoping it comes back in stock so I can buy it eventually because it is one of the most beautiful eyeshadow palettes I have ever seen. I want it so badly! I would also love it if someone bought me one of the liquid BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfectors because they are really expensive, but I absolutely love them because they are so versatile and gorgeous!
Which Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty do you commit? I tag all of you !
Connect With Me:
I totally agree on the Too Faced bronzer, definitely the most delicious beauty product I own too. I think I might do this tag, I’ve been reading it on a few blogs and I think it’s so interesting!
Its really fun to do and makes you think more outside of the box. I tag you (if you want:)!
Hey girl! I’m totally late to the game on this post, but I love it. This was such a fun read! And you mentioned great products. We have a lot in common on this list. I love my Lumi Foundation, too. I tried the original again recently, and it oxidized so bad turning me orange. I had to go back to my Lumi and mix two different shades, which I can totally handle doing! I really want to try the Too Faced bronzer once my Hoola is gone!
Check out my new site. I relaunched today at http://www.TheKristinReview.com Be sure to follow that site to see new posts!
Thanks so much for reading! We do have a lot in common. Can’t wait to check out your blog and read upcoming posts! xoxo
I really appreciate it!!! When I had my site set up they couldn’t transfer my followers so I had to start over 🙁
I followed you on Bloglovin, but I can’t follow you anymore on WordPress, can I? xoxo
I think you can. My site is still WordPress! But hosted somewhere else
Ooh, figured it out! Yay! xoxo