Hi, everyone! I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to schedule my post since it has been exactly one year since I created a WordPress account! I haven’t actually been blogging that long, but one year ago today, I made a decision that changed my life in the best way possible! I want to thank all of you who are reading my posts and have supported my blog and I because you make all the difference! I also want to apologize for not posting in such a long time! I’ve been really busy this semester, but I hope by sharing my top five beauty hacks that actually work, I’ll make it up to you!
- Fix Broken Eyeshadows, Blushes, Bronzers, and Powders in Just a Few Hours: I’ve seen this hack a lot on Pinterest, but I always thought it was just way too good to be true. However, I tried it for the first time a few days ago with my broken “Twinks” eyeshadow from MAC and it works so well! Anyone who loves makeup is probably familiar with that horrifying moment when you drop a blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, or any other powder cosmetic and it shatters into a billion pieces all over the floor! Thanks to this amazing beauty hack, you can now save that beloved product and make it look and work brand new again! All you have to do is get all the broken pieces together and then break them up competely into a fine dust with a pencil, Q-tip, tweezers, end of a brush, or any other tool you have. After that all you need to do is pour a little bit of rubbing alcohol into the pan so that everything is evenly distributed and mixed together in a liquid form. Let it dry for a few hours and then once it looks solid again, place a plastic zip lock bag on top of the shadow and then squish a quarter on top to make sure it is completely pressed down. After that, your eyeshadow will be 100% back to normal again! I am so happy that I decided to give this a try and I reccommend this to everyone now!
- Make Your Eyeshadows Bold, Metallic, and Vibrant: You can spray a bit of water, contact solution, or MAC Fix Plus on any eyeshadow you own, which will help make it brighter, bolder, and more shimmery. Doing this will make your shadows way more pigmented, help them last longer, and minimize shimmery fall-out! Regardless of your price range, this tip will transform your shadows from boring to beautiful and it’s a great little hack!
- Make Your Perfume Last All Day Long: To be honest, one thing that genuinely makes me happy is when I can still smell my own perfume at the end of a long day. It’s all about the simple things in life, isn’t it? One way to make your perfume last all day, whether it’s an expensive bottle of Chanel or a fragrance mist from the drugstore, is to apply a dab of Vaseline, lotion, or even lip balm to your wrists before spritzing on your favorite scent. This is an easy and inexpensive way to get the most bang for your buck and you can also have some fun by layering different scents.
- Lots of Mascara Hacks: There are so many hacks when it comes to mascara, but lots of them aren’t realistic for the the everyday person, like coating your eyelashes with baby powder in between coats of mascara! One popular trick that works really well for getting some more uses out of flakey, old, and almost-empty mascara is to add eyeydrops or even water to your mascara tube to make it easier to use. I also like to soak my mascara tubes in a cup of hot water to make it like new again before I’m able to go out and buy a new one. One hack I discovered by myself is to downwardly apply a thin coat of mascara to the top side of your eyelashes first and then brush them upwards in zig-zag motions like you normally would. This may seem wierd at first, but as long as you’re light handed and don’t use a mascara that’s too thick or clumpy it works wonders at making your lashes longer, thicker, and more voluminous than ever before! Also, it can be helpful to re-use old mascara brushes once you throw away the empty tube. You can clean it off and use it for your eyebrows or as a spooly to un-clump your eyelashes. If you want, you can also just dip it in an inexpensive mascara, but still use your favorite high end brush instead of shelling out $25 on a new one! Another hack that I use everyday is to remove the mascara that smears on your eyelid with a dry Q-tip once it dries. It comes of easily and doesn’t mess up your shadow too much either!
- Have No Fear of Liquid Eyeliner: I know that I speak for a lot of other people when I say that liquid liner is not my strength when it comes to makeup. The end result looks amazing and enhances my eyes, but it takes forever to get it perfect and once I do, my eyeshadow is always messed up and then I have to fix it. One hack that I proudly discovered all by myself is that it’s easier and less stressful if you apply your liquid liner before you do your eyeshadow. Simply prime your eyes, apply liquid liner how you want it to look and perfect it using a damp Q-tip. Once you’re happy with the way it looks, then do your eyeshadow like normal. If you find that your liner got covered up from the shadow, then all you have to do is lightly trace over the line you already made. By using this hack, now you don’t have to worry about ruining your beautiful eyeshadow look if you mess up your liner, which, if you’re anything like me, will eventually happen! I’m so glad I discovered this tip and I haven’t seen it anywhere else, so I hope you find it as helpful as I do!
I hope you enjoyed reading my top five beauty hacks that actually work! Stay tuned for the next update!
Connect With Me:
Read the Comments +