Natural does not have to be boring, and today’s monthly favorites — which all feature neutral shades and believable formulas — prove just that.
- MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation: I have been obsessed with this ever since I bought it this summer and have a feeling it will be even more ideal for the colder weather. This is a water-based formula, and because it is so liquidy and lightweight, it can be layered and layered without becoming cakey. It truly looks like skin and has a stunning dewy finish!
- ULTA Peach Pop Blush Palette: The variety of shades in this palette are beautiful for any season, with matte nudes and shimmering peaches. The formula is not outstanding, but it is easy to use and creates a lovely look, perfect for everyday makeup looks.
- MAC Matte Lipstick in ‘Honeylove’: I am so happy that I decided to pick this shade when I was redeeming my free lipsticks through the Back to Mac Program! It is a very warm, light nude, but it is a game-changer. It’s perfect for pairing with more dramatic eye looks as well as simple, barely-there looks, and it is very useful to pat in the center of the lips for a fuller appearance. This formula is foolproof.
- BH Cosmetics Hangin’ in Hawaii 16 Color Shadow Palette: This has been such a fun palette for summer; if you are more comfortable with neutral shades but want to incorporate more color, this is a wonderfully wearable option. I wish the shimmer options were more diverse, but overall this is really high quality at an affordable price.
- Milani Keep It Full Nourishing Lip Plumper in ‘Nude Shimmer’: Initially, I regretted choosing this gold shade, but the more I use it, the more I love it. It has a slight minty tingle that plumps the lips, and this particular shade creates the illusion of fullness when applied to the very center of the lips — perfect for a muted metallic nude lip.
Thank so much for taking the time to read my monthly favorites post. If you know of any products you think I would like, please leave a comment below.