Hawaii, here we come! I am so excited to be traveling to Hawaii this week, but since deciding which products to pack has always been a struggle for me, I thought it might be helpful to share the makeup I will be traveling with!
- Tarte Tarteguard SPF 30: Sunscreen is always a must, especially when in a warmer climate, and this specific one is my favorite; it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin and it wears beautifully under makeup!
- Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment: This primer prevents my t-zone from becoing oily in the hot, humid weather, which extends the wear of my foundation and ultimately prevents me from breaking out.
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: This is my perfect everyday foundation for Summer because it has sheer, buildable coverage with a more matte finish. It makes me look so much more out together while still looking like skin.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream: I bought this versatile base product last year just for wearing on vacations because it has medium to full coverage with SPF 50 and looks flawless all day. I really like that I can make this look very natural or glamorous depending on how much I apply.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: This would not be a Makeup By Makena blog post if I didn’t mention this concealer. I love the way this blends out on bare skin when I don’t want to wear any foundation.
- Coola Setting Spray SPF 30: This little mist is so convenient to spritz onto the face throughout the day when I am already wearing makeup. Coola creates such incredible sun care!
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Pressed Powder: To prevent my makeup from melting off my face, this lightweight setting powder is essential.
- BareMinerals ‘Warmth’ All Over Face Color: I rely on this red-toned matte bronzer to define my face structure and fake that tropical tan I have yet to accomplish.
- Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion Bronzer in ‘Soft Iridescent Cinnamon: One can never have too many bronzers in Hawaii, so I am also packing this sheer and luminous bronzer to wear over the previous one for truly sun-kissed look.
- Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in ‘Pinched’: Coral is my favorite color to wear on vacations like this, so I chose this effortless cream blush to pop onto the apples of my cheeks.
- Milk Makeup Highlighter in ‘Lit’: I couldn’t resist bringing this travel-sized cream highlighter stick with me; the medium champagne shade melts into the skin for a lit-from-within luminosity.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in ‘Opal’: It is nearly impossible for me to not buy every adorably tiny travel-sized makeup product I lay eyes on, but for $19, I think this powder highlighter is a bargain. What can I say? I’m a glow getter!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance: Eyeshadow primer is very necessary if you want to keep your eyeshadow looking fresh throughout the day and I happened to have this mini one in my drawer.
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette: With all of the breathtaking bronzes and colorful corals, the shade range in this palette is beyond ideal for a tropical trip; I can create every eye look I could ever dream of with this, from super subtle to oh so stunning.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in ‘Bad to the Bronze’: Quick and easy cream look wonderful when patted into the eye lid with the fingertips and this one is sweatproof, waterproof, and everything in between.
- Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil in ‘Cocoa’: This waterproof liner has the most impressive consistency that glides onto the lids and the shimmering bronze shade screams Summer.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara: This mascara is everything I could ever ask for, so I’m hoping it we’ll survive the splashes and waves at the pool and beach.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo: Eyebrows make such a big difference in person and in photos, and this is the best thing I have found to fill them in.
- Mac ‘Velvet Teddy’ Lipstick: Every beach babe needs the perfect tan matte lippie and this one is mine. It looks lovely when my skin gets a little darker and lasts ages while still feeling comfortable.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm in ‘Caring Coral’: I wouldn’t dare go a a beach vacation without reaching for my beloved coral lipstick. This looks and feels so creamy and I love mixing it with nodes, as well.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘Stockholm’: This hydrating alternative to liquid lipstick is the most beautiful shade of peachy nude, which makes my tan pop and looks so pretty underneath my ‘vintage’ Bath and Body Works lipgloss.
Please stay tuned for more exciting posts on my blog and leave your favorite travel-friendly products in the comment section!