This past month, I have made a conscious effort to try out some new beauty products while also getting some more use out of a few tried-and-true favorites.
- Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in ‘Bombshell’: When writing this post, the first product that came to my mind this lip product that I recently bought myself! The light-weight formula is non-drying, long-wearing, and completely matte, but the peachy tan is the real reason why my heart seems to skip a beat whenever I swipe it on my lips. I love wearing this by itself, underneath a clear gloss, or for a more natural look, I like to dab a little of this in the center of ,y lips and then blend it outwards with my finger tip to create soft, gradiant edges. For more details, you can check out my review here.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup: This month, I was reunited with one of my favorite foundations and I have been wearing Healthy Skin nearly every day this past month, whether it was by itself or mixed with other formulas. It has amazing coverage with a natural radiance and lasts until I wash it off. Another reason why I love it so much is because all of my concealers and powders blend so smoothly on top of this. The formula feels so high-end and I will continue to repurchase it throughout 2018. Feel free to read more about this product and see it in action here.
- ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadow in ‘Wattles’: This bouncy cream-to-powder formula has become such a key product in my makeup bag ever since I ordered it. The neutral dusty mauve color combined with the soft lustrous finish results in a truly effortless and feminine eye look. It works wonderfully with all of the other shades in my collection and it even looks beautiful when worn as a blush.
- Lipstick Queen Exact Match Lip Liner in ‘Nude’: I definitely go through phases of whether or not I use lip liner, but after receiving a sample size of this product in one of my Birchboxes, I have realized that when I do want to use a lip liner, I always reach for this one. Unlike other liners which tend to feel too stiff or too sticky, this one has the perfect consistency — smooth, but still budge-proof. This medium rosy shade is beautiful for defining the shape of my lips before I apply my signature nude lipstick over the top.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment: My mom used to use this on me whenever I hurt myself when I was little and I still use this in my beauty routine today. In addition to healing any cuts or burns, it moisturizes chapped lips, hydrates dry patches, strengthens eyelashes, and even adds a glossy highlight to the cheekbones. I apply this to my lips before I do my makeup and before I go to bed and it is honestly the best intense lip therapy on the market.