Winter is a very special season featuring a myriad of things to be excited for; Christmas traditions, cozy weather, and time spent with family are all obvious examples, but another thing that always brightens my day is, of course, the thought of makeup. This post is dedicated to five beauty products that help make me enthusiastic for the cooler months ahead.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in ‘Dolly’: To me, this lip gloss just screams Winter! It’s cool, plum undertones provide an effortless transition into seasonal makeup, especially when paired with complimentary eyeshadow or blush. Although I am not looking forward to the combination of this product with long hair and strong winds, this specific shade always makes me look forward to the following months.
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in ‘Faux Fur Jacket’: Embracing the spirit of the season is as easy as can be when I have this sultry shadow sitting in my makeup drawer! The shimmery bronze hue with cool taupe undertones is stunning regardless of how it is layered — it is so pretty that it even causes me to be uncharacteristically eager to take a break from my signature warm eye looks.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup: During the cooler months, I want my skin to be extra hydrated but I do not always want to have to wear an extra dewy foundation; I love reaching for this one because it applies beautifully over my dry patches while maintaining a soft and natural luminosity. It has buildable coverage, lasts all day, and is compatible with all skin types.
- Milk Makeup Highlighter: Cream highlighters are a wonderful option for dehydrated winter skin and this golden champagne shade that I received in my Birchbix is no exception. The natural warmth of my skin immediately softens it, allowing it to melt into my skin for a ‘lit from within’ glow. It blends like a dream with fingertips or a damp beauty blender and it is sure to add life back to your makeup look.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in ‘Party’: This line of blushes is one of my very favorites because of its smooth, perfectly pigmented, and long-lasting formula. I received a mini version of this for my birthday gift from Sephora and I think this light dusty pink shade with cool, mauve undertones is so beautiful to wear in colder weather.
I hope you and your family had an incredible Christmas! What makeup products get you excited for Winter?