Every year, I have celebrated the holiday season by sharing my most loved festive lipsticks and Christmas songs and that is exactly what I will be doing this year. Enjoy!
My Favorite Holiday Lippies
- Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in ‘Bombshell’: When I envision the ideal holiday lip product, I often think of a bold crimson shade, but sometimes — whether it is because I am wearing colorful clothes, rocking a dramatic eye look, or just wanting to stay in my comfort zone — a classic neutral can also be an amazing option. Thanks to its amazing formula, this warm pinky-tan color lasts what seems like forever, making it perfect for long Christmas parties and delicious dinners.
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Lip Color in ‘Sugar Plum’: Everything about this product screams Christmas to me, even down from its name. I love the berry color and it is so smooth and hydrating. Normally, I try my hardest to steer clear from frosty lipsticks, but this golden sheen looks so pretty and makes every eye color pop.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in ‘Bit of Berry’: For a festive twist on the classic feminine pink lip, this bright plum color is a wonderful way to add something special to your makeup, especially if you are not in the mood to wear those deep, dark plums. This affordable formula is so rich and creamy while the sheen glides over dry winter lips.
- Tarte Drench Lip Splash Lipstick in ‘Cabana Boy’: This mauve shade with berry undertones is an excellent example of what I like to call a wearable bold because it is deep enough to make a statement without being intimidating. I love pairing this with plum-inspired eyeshadow and blush for a unique monochrome look, and this matte finish feels unbelievably creamy. I really want to get a full-sized version soon because it truly is like no other.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in ’10’: Last, but certainly not least, this bright cherry red is the quintessential holiday lipstick! All of the shades from this line are highly pigmented and last really well withiut ever feeling drying. I know that I will be getting a lot of use out if this as I get closer to Christmas day and I think it will look so stunning paired with a shimmery champagne eye and glowing skin.
My Favorite Holiday Lyrics
- Christmas ‘Medley’ by Dolly Parton: This combination of Winter Wonderland and Sleigh Ride never fails to put me in the holiday spirit, and, like always, Dolly’s voice is beautiful in this song.
- ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ by The Carpenters: This angelic Christmas classic makes me feel so warm and cozy whenever I play it in the house and it always reminds me of my family.
- ‘Baby! It’s Christmas’ by Jessie James Decker: This year, Jessie has been one of my most favorite singers and celebrities in general — her makeup is always so gorgeous! This song’s fun and festive vibes always make me want to sing and remind me a lot of Mariah Carey’s famous All I Want For Christmas Is You.
- ‘My Favorite Holiday’ by Jessie James Decker: Another one of favorites, this song is so unique and catchy and always inspires me to pop on a red lip and vintage dress. I definitely recommend checking out her songs!
- ‘All I Want for Christmas Is a Real Good Tan’ by Kenny Chesney: For those of you who are like me and love both country music and tropical, beachy vacations, this Christmas song is the perfect pick! The lyrics are so applicable to my family and I and it is a great option if you are tired from the amazing classics.
What are your favorite holiday lipsticks and Christmas songs this year?