Our modern society is replete with ever-changing ideals of what it means to be beautiful and these unrealistic standards can lead to harmful consequences on our self-image. However, I have drawn inspiration from my own personal experiences with beauty and my most iconic role models to assemble a lovely list of my fifteen most timeless and empowering makeup tips that I strongly believe every girl should be aware of.
- Although investing in high-end skincare and cosmetic products is completely worthwhile, drugstore alternatives can be equally amazing.
- Wash your face with cold — not warm — water before doing your makeup to reduce redness and the amount of concealer you will later need to use.
- Instead of purchasing a primer, moisturize your face before appying makeup to help your base products go on more smoothly and last longer.
- If a foundation is too matte or heavy, add a moisturizer to it to make it more dewy and sheer.
- Use bronzer, blush, and highlighter as the perfect neutral eyeshadows for your skin tone.
- Rather than identically copying tutorials, learn how to apply makeup for your unique facial structure and eye shape.
- For a natural and professional look, always blend your makeup more than you think you should.
- When applying mascara, coat both sides of your upper lashes for even more volume and length.
- Do eyeliner before eyeshadow and then retrace it after so that you do not have to worry about making any mistakes.
- Everyone looks amazing in red lipstick; you just have to find your correct undertone.
- Use dish soap and olive oil to deep clean your makeup brushes and prevent breakouts.
- Focus on using makeup to enhance your favorite features rather than concealing your perceived flaws.
- Rather than pursuing the current beauty ideal, which is usually unrealistic and will inevitably change, establish your own signature look.
- An expertly crafted smokey eye can be very memorable, but no matter how you choose to do your makeup, always radiate confidence because ultimately, that is what people will admire.
- You do not have to be perfect; you are beautiful with and without makeup.
I hope you found today’s post helpful! What are your best beauty tips that have stood the test of time?