For the past two years, I have been celebrating the holidays on Makeup By Makena with The 12 Days of Christmas by writing a total of twelve beauty- and holiday-related blog posts throughout the month of December. Today marks the commencement of this special tradition, so like always, I will be writing about my most-used and loved makeup of the month! The products I have been loving during November are all effortless ways to carry your look into Winter and are sure to look amazing and work well on everyone.
- ‘Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: This luxurious base product, which I reviewed here, is very much worth the price because it literally looks like my real, natural skin, but more even and healthy! The lightweight liquid is extremely buildable, allowing me to go from a sheer to a light-medium coverage without ever looking like I am wearing anything on my face. Another reason why I have been reaching for this so often throughout November even though I regard it as my ideal Summer foundation is because it has a demi-matte finish, but is still compatible with my extra dry skin.
- L’Oreal Glam Bronze Powder Duo in “102 Brunette”: This affordable bronzer that I bought on my Europe trip is also another great option that I have enjoyed using this past month because it blends so well, has a completely matte finish, and has really nice red-undertones to mimic a natural tan. Like many makeup lovers, I often wear orange and red-based eyeshadows during this time of year, so this matches perfectly.
- Bourjois Little Pot Blush in ’85 Sienne’: This adorably-packaged blush that I purchased at a Parisian drugstore is a rosy-tan color that adds the ideal amount of warmth to bring my paler-than-usual skin back to life. Blended upwards from the apples of the cheeks, this sheer, but buildable neutral is a very chic way to transition from Autumn to Winter without breaking the bank.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in ‘Dolly’: This high-end lip gloss is wonderful because it is a beautiful shimmering mauve shade that gives the illusion of fuller lips without any stickiness. I enjoy experimenting with this unique, highly-pigmented color because it always looks so multi-faceted layered over different lipsticks! Once swiped on the lips, it immediately adds a little something extra to a casual look while also being able to enhance a glamorous full face.
- Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve in a Tube: This very affordable and lip balm from Sephora is so helpful now that the weather is starting to get colder! I love how versatile it is since it can be used to moisturize chapped lips, to add a sheen over lipstick, and to heal any minor cuts or dry skin on the body. The little tube is so convenient to throw in my purse and I really like how this has a subtle pink tint so it does not wash out the natural pigmentation of my lips.
Thank you so much for spending time with my blog and me, and if you would like to read my previous posts from this holiday series, feel free to type ’12 Days of Christmas’ into the search bar!