I hope your 2017 has been off to a wonderful start! This month, I have been loving very natural makeup looks, especially for school, using products that enhance my features and almost look like I am wearing nothing at all…
- NARS Lipstick in “Tolede”: This is by far my favorite product of January! I initially planned on splurging on a NARS Audacious Lipstick in a pinky-nude shade like “Anita,” “Barbara,” or “Brigitte,” for my birthday, but the Sephora I went to was all sold out. However, everything happens for a reason, and instead I ended up falling in love with the shade “Tolede” from their original lipstick line. This is more sheer and moisturizing than the Audacious ones, great for everyday use and the rosy tan shade matches my natural lip color, making it the perfect shade for me. I love everything about this lipstick and am so excited that I have finally found my perfect color!
- C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve: I have been using this product for over two years, but this past month I have appreciated it more than ever. With the matte holiday lips and the chapped Winter skin , this light and buttery product moisturizes my lips before bed and before makeup. I also like to use it on my eyelashes, any dry patches, and around my eyes when they are irritated or extra sensitive. The glossy pink tint also makes my lips look really pretty and fresh for school mornings when I am not wearing much makeup. For around $5, this is a life saver!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in “Paaarty”: January is my birthday month and this year for my Sephora VIB birthday gift, I chose the Tarte blush and liquid lipstick set, both of which are nude and mini. “Paaarty” is a matte dusty pink shade, ideal for fair to medium skin tones. This is the perfect blush for a natural day-time look, with one of the best formulas on the market. I love how rosy and flushed it makes me look – a great no-makeup makeup blush!
- CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base: This does seem like it would be more of a Summer product, but since my skin is lighter and drier during the winter, I have been making the most out of cream products, especially this everyday bronzer. This is definitely a luxury product, but it was such a great investment for me. I have been enjoying blending this all over the perimeters of my face when I am only wearing a highlighting concealer to bring warmth back into my face. It also works beautifully as an eyeshadow for the crease or even a natural blush!
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in “Black”: I have not been wearing very much eyeshadow to school lately, so other than a very special palette which I will be talking about soon, the only eye makeup I have been wearing this month was mascara and and eyeliner. I have been doing cat eyes more often for night-time looks, but I have also been tightlining all the time with this. I also like to dab some on a very precise angled brush to create a soft and diffused liner look during the day. Not only is this liner affordable, but it is also creamy, pigmented, matte, and long-lasting, great for the everyday girl!
What were your favorite beauty products in January? Also, I’m sorry for the lack of photos, but I just got a new laptop and still have to get an SD card reader.