Since I have started beauty blogging, my makeup collection has grown a lot, and I have started incorporating more and more high-end products into my routine. Even though I will always be loyal to lots of drugstore products, I have recently fallen in love with several luxury makeup products that I think are worth the money!
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation ($48): This beauty product is very expensive, but if you are looking for a light-coverage that literally looks like you are not wearing makeup and just looks like your skin but way better, then this is worth the price! It feels and looks undetectable on the skin while covering minor imperfections. I will say that this is best for normal skin, so if you are dry or oily, it is not an ideal formula and you will have to take extra steps to make it work; for my dry skin, this is incredible for the summer. If you are interested in this foundation, feel free to read my individual review!
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base ($48): The best word to describe this product is luxurious! It is a cream bronzer that adds overall warmth to the skin and blends like a dream. This is long-lasting and great for all skin types, perfect for summer, winter, and everything in between. What really makes this worth the steep price tag is the amount of product you get – I am not exaggerating when I say that it will probably last a lifetime! Plus, Chanel’s signature classy packaging will look beautiful on your vanity. For more information, check out my full review here.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38): This is one of the only powder highlighters I own and it is expensive, but once I first tried it, I completely forgot about how much it cost. This is my go-to for when I want an intense glow, especially for photos, special occasions, and evening events! A little goes a long way and the smooth formula blends effortlessly, especially when you go over it with a damp BeautyBlender after. If you are unsure about which shade to get, I recommend Jaclyn Hill’s “Champagne Pop” because it is the most universal. If you like a less shimmery and more natural highlight, the original liquid formula is also definitely worth the splurge because it can be mixed in with foundations as well as popping on the highpoints of the face.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette ($54): I could not talk about luxury makeup without talking about the most expensive product in my entire collection, which is completely worth the splurge! I think that every beauty lover should have at least one of the Naked palettes in their lifetime, and this one has a stunning assortment of mainly shimmery bronzey neutrals with two essential mattes. The quality of each shade is consistently highly pigmented, long-lasting, and blendable, and I love how I can create very natural and very dramatic looks for all seasons and occasions.
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo ($36): You will not believe how many months this little duo was on my wishlist or how many times I swatched this in Sephora before finally buying it – after all, $18 per shadow is insane! However, I am so happy with “St-Paul-De-Vence” because it has the perfect warm matte brown with pink undertones and a frosty peachy coral shade that I love patting all over my lid wet or just above my crease for a pop of color. NARS always has such high quality products and I think that if you find one of these duos with two shades you know you would use, then it will be worth the splurge. I like this color combo in particular because it is perfect for travel since both of the shades also make stunning blushes!
- NARS Lip Gloss ($26): I received the shade “Supervixen,” a shimmery bronze mauve in a value set about a year ago, and this is honestly the best lip gloss formula I have ever tried. It adds the most beautiful shine to my lips that really makes my features pop, lasts a decent amount of time, feels buttery instead of sticky, and has just the right amount of opacity! They are very versatile since they look and feel wonderful by themselves or over any other lip product and I love to mix and match with different combinations. I use mine all the time and it is still no where near empty, so even though I am the first to admit that $25 does seem like a crazy amount for a lipgloss, I do plan on buying “Dolce Vida” soon.
Would you ever purchase any of these luxury makeup products and what is your personal favorite beauty product worth the splurge?