Hello, everyone and happy New Year’s Eve! Today is the day, we have all been waiting for 0 my Best of Beauty for 2016! I will be sharing ten of my most favorite drugstore and high-end makeup products for the entire year, so keep reading!
- BeautyBlender: This is definitely my top favorite from the entire year. I have literally used this every single day during 2016 (don’t worry, I’ve gone through two and clean it every day!) and do not know how to do my makeup without it! I always blend out my foundation, concealer, and cream products with this damp sponge, but also use it to apply or go over my powder for a natural, non-cakey finish, and to blend out my highlight for extra luminosity. It took me forever to buy it because it seemed very over priced, but I wish I bought it sooner because it is completely worth every penny! Would anyone like to see a full review because if so, I can do one?
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: My makeup routine this year would not be the same if I had not discovered this tube of perfection! I use this for concealing blemishes, redness, and dark circles, and for highlighting under my eyes. It only costs $7, but it performs just as well as high-end concealers, and I love how it is has more of a natural dewy finish and a medium coverage! It is also a dupe for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent Pressed Powder: This powder is perfect for lightly setting my T-zone to keep it matte throughout the day. I like how invisible it is and how it never looks chalky or cakey over my dry areas. It has been a simple everyday essential this past year.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have loved switching up my bronzers this year, but no matter what, I have always gone back to this one because it is simply the best! Because it is matte with neutral undertones, it is perfect for contouring, but also warm enough for an all-over bronze look. This is my holy grail bronzer because it practically blends itself, and it does not hurt that it smells like chocate, too. My individual review is here.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in “Champagne Pop”: This product was the ‘highlight’ of my year! Get it? Anyway… Not only was it a collaboration with my favorite beauty YouTuber ever, but it is also the most flattering peachy champagne shade for all skin tones! BECCA’s formula is so pigmented, blendable, and glowy, so I have relied on this all year for dramatic and blinding highlights. Feel free to read my full review.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette: I have mentioned this is in so many of my posts lately, so I will keep it brief now, but this has been my most-reached-for palette this year! It has ten shimmery neutrals and two matte transition shades with a beautiful bronze theme, and the quality is excellent! See my look with it here!
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in “Blackest Back”: This liner is creamy yet long-lasting and it as black and as matte as possible. 2016 was a lot less stressful because this gel formula makes it much easier for me to create a thin line and a precise wing.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: I have gone through several travel-size tubes of this and I always use it for special occasions because it is the closest thing to fake eyelashes without actually using fake eyelashes. I love my other drugstore mascaras, but this one makes my eyelashes so much longer, blacker, and more voluminous than all the other ones! My full review can be accessed here.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in “Seduction”: This is such a great lip product for Winter because it has a velvet matter finish and a moisturizing formula, but this particular pinky beige shade has been my go-to all year. It works with so many different skintones and whenever I am unsure of what lip color to wear, I can always count on this one. If you would like to read more about what I think of the line, click here.
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: I have a lot of different shades from this line from deep festive reds like ‘107’ to warm mauves nudes like ’08’ and I love them all so much! This formula is so creamy and I just love the different finishes and lasting power.
I would love to know what your favorite makeup products were thiis year, so leave some comments below! Have a beautiful New Year’s Eve and I will see you next year!