We all have so much to be thankful for on Thanksgiving and all year long including family, friends, education, human rights, and health, but I thought it would be fun to round up some of the makeup products I am most thankful for to share with you!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: My natural eyelashes are not the longest to begin with, and even though I am committed to my beloved L’Oreal mascaras, whenever I use this one, I am always extra impressed by the results. Due to the unique formula and wand, my lashes are much more long, thick, and voluminous than usual, so there is no need for me to use fake eyelashes! At the risk of sounding like a commercial, I am grateful for the way this mascara quickly transforms my lashes from dull to dramatic.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: With all of the time and effort I put into my makeup, I really want everything to last, especially on special occassions (including Thanksgiving). This product truly sets my makeup and is the best way I have found to guarantee that everything from my foundation to blush lasts from morning until night. Click here for my complete review.
- Beauty Blender: This famous makeup sponge is definitely not one of those over-rated beauty blogger trends – it is a genuinely incredible product that enriched the beauty industry and it deserves all of the hype. It took me years to finally spend the $20 on this, but ever since I first used it one year ago, I am a believer. It effortlessly blends foundation, concealer, and any other cream product into the skin, avoiding a cakey base. Regardless of your skin type or your foundation preferences, the Beauty Blender is something everyone can be thankful for.
- BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette: This limited-edition palette created by my favorite beauty guru is one of the most prized possessions in my entire makeup collection and I feel so thankful to own it! It contains two highlighters inlcuding my holy grail “Champagne Pop” and three blushes, all of which embody BECCA’s superb quality which I detailed in my review. Every time I open the white and gold compact, I become so excited, and I hope some of you were able to purchase it during the recent relaunch on November 20th or when it first came out.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: I am absolutely obsessed with my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer for everyday use, but for mornings when my endless nights of studying show up in the form of dark circles, this full-coverage concealer does the job wonderfully! Like always, I use a lighter shade than the rest of my face to create an upside down traingle underneath my eye, which highlights and conceals all traces of stress or exhaustion. I don’t know about you, but I know I will be very thankful for this when finals start in a few weeks!
- L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer: This concealer is very similar to the Fit Me, but because of the precise and extensive shade range, I prefer this one to use on blemishes. Like the name suggests, it easily blends over pimples and discoloration while still looking natural on the skin. I love to use this when I want to conceal imperfections, but do not want to wear a full face of makeup because it really does have a skin-like finish.
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Lip Gloss: I have always said that if I could only wear three makeup products for the rest of my life lipgloss would be one of them because it really brightens my entire face and makes my eyes pop, especially on days when I am wearing minimal makeup. Layering colors is always fun, but lots of times for school, I just want something clear (and affordable) with lots of shine, so I reach for this one. It has more natural ingredients that moisturize my lips and really provides a glossy effect letting my natural pigmentation shine through.
- Wet n Wild “Walking on Eggshells” Eyeshadow Trio: This trio used to be so popular, and although the hype has seemed to die down, I still use my broken and well-loved shadows all the time. It is hard to believe that such an inexpensive products rivals the quality of high end brands, but these three shimmery staples never fail to amaze me! When I just want something simple and fool-proof, these champagne and bronze shades are perfect and are something I am thankful for.
I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving with family! What makeup products are you thankful for?