During summer, several elements of my makeup routine change along with the season, and this month, there are five beauty products that have stood out to me for different reasons, so that is what I will be sharing!
- Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture Satin Finish Lotion: This is my favorite moisturizer for summer because it is light and fresh and hydrates my face without making me look or feel oily in the hot weather. I love applying it before I do my makeup because it feels so smooth and the glycerin in it helps my foundation last longer, too. However, my favorite thing to use this for is to mix a pump or two in with my foundation to ceate a lightweight, more sheer coverage, dewy base for the perfect summer look!
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation: I have dry skin and prefer a lightweight, buildable foundation with a natural or dewy finish, so I would never have guessed that this makeup product would ever be in my monthly favorites, but it is. When I use it on its own, it is heavy, full coverage, and very matte, which can end up looking cakey and feeling gross very quickly, but remeber what I just said about mixing my moisturuzer in with my foundation? By simply combining some of the Olay moisturizer in with this, it creates a lightweight, buildable base with a gorgeous natural finish for summer. My favorite part is that this combination lasts forever and prevents my t-zone from becoming oily throughout the day. Personally, this doesn’t work on my skin type by itself, but together with my moisturizer, it is so beautiful and I have been reaching for it all month long!
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: This bronzer has always been my favorite, but since I have the travel-sized one, I have been using it during both of my vacations this past month and have realized just how versatile and essential it is in my makeup routine! It is the perfect shade even when I have a tan and just works for everything no matter what! It is definitely time to get the full-sized for me because it is worth every single penny, but if you want to find out more, feel free to read my review here.
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in “Faux Fur Jacket”: I have rediscovered this eyeshadow this past month and used it all the time when I was in San Francisco. It is more cool-toned that I would normally use, but it has he perfect amount of shimmer and I love the bronzey-taupe color! I have a feeling that I will be getting a lot of use out of this shade in the autumn and I also love how easy it is to use.
- MAC “Cosmo” Lipstick: This has been my go-to lipstick for all of July! It is such a gorgeous neutral pink for everyday, but also looks so sophisticated for night time, especially when I am travelling a lot and taking photos. I love MAC’s Amplified collection because they are so pigmented and buttery and this shade is no exception. I am absolutely in love with “Cosmo” and it really works for so many skin tones all year round for all different makeup looks!
Thank you so much for reading! What has been your number one beauty product this month?
Connect With Me: