- What is your go-to makeup product for a sun-kissed summer glow? I like to switch up my bronzers pretty frequently, but this summer, I have been loving the Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in “Starlight Bronze.” It may seem scary if you don’t like shimmery bronzers, but it gives a glowy bronze goddess look, as seen in my summer makeup tutorial here! Let me know what your favorite summer bronzer is because I am literally always looking for new ones!
- What book would you recommend for a summer read? During the summer, I don’t actually get to read many of my own books because I have to do a summer reading list for school, but last summer, I read Water for Elephants and absoltely loved it!
- What is your signature summer scent this year? I am obsessed with my Escada Turquoise Summer rollerball because it has the most beautiful fruity, floral scent that is sweet while still being sohpisticated! It was featured on my Summer Wishlist and I can’t stop spraying it on no matter what occasion it may be. I think everyone deserves to smell this at least once in their lifetime!
- The sun is shining and it is time to get outside! What is your favorite thing to do? I am very fortunate to be blessed with wonderful weather where I live, so I really enjoy going to the beach, taking a walk with friends, and simply sitting in my backyard and relaxing with my family.
- You are on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What is your go-to summer beach food? Watermelon! Other than ice cream, fruit is my favorite food, and a giant, sweet, juicy slice of watermelon is the perfect food to eat on sunny summer days!
- Sunscreen is always important, but it is a must in summer! What’s your favorite? If you read my recent review, then you would know that my all-time favorite facial sunscreen is my Tarte TarteGuard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30. It is not greasy, it does not break me out, it does not smell or irritate my skin, and it looks and feels weightless, even under makeup. I love it and would not think of using anything else!
- After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off? After spending a day at the pool or beach, I usually take around twenty minutes trying to get the tangles and knots out of my hair, then I take a shower because I hate how chlorine and salt water feel on my skin, and finally I relax and cool down by watching some makeup-related YouTube videos, catching up on my favorite blogs, or writing my own blog posts in my air-conditioned room! Aside from the untangling part, that is pretty much my ideal summer day!
- How do you wear your hair in the summer? Although I would love to have my dark brown hair fade into a warm caramel ombre during summer, right now, I just leave it down and naturally wavy. If I want to do something special, I will put it into a messy bun or I will just put up the front pieces of my hair into a tiny low ponytail for an easy half-up, half-down hairstyle.
- Must-have nail polish for summer? I mentioned this before in my Makeup Products I Will Repurchase post, but I do enjoy using my L’Oreal “Tangerine Crush” Nail Polish because bright pinky-orange-corals are my signature shade in the summer! What’s yours?
- Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer? For movies, I love watching Aquamarine, Just Go With It, and Roman Holiday during the summer because they are funny, light, and relaxing. Definitely check them all out! I do not have any TV shows that are especially for summer, but I do want to start watching Mako Mermaids and H20: Just Add Water because even though some people may think I’m silly and too old, I think mermaids are so amazing and I am sure that if Jackie Wyers loves those shows, then I will too!
- Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer? It really depends on my mood, the weather, and what I will be doing that day, but I love all of the above! I love wearing lightweight liquid foundations in the summer, especially the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation, which I will be reveiwing very soon. I also love to let my skin breathe a lot more this time of year, so I will often just use a little Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (review here) for my base. The Garnier BB Cream (review here) is a great option in the summer because it is matte and lightweight with lots of added skin benefits!
- It’s super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat? Sunnies, of course! I have been wanting a new pair of cat-eye sunglasses for several months now, and I recently got a new pair in Hawaii, and I cannot stop wearing them!
- What is your summer jam this year? I am a country girl at heart when it comes to music and I even have a whole playlist called Summer Country, so… I still love Don’t It by Billy Currington, but I also love lots of summery songs by Kenny Chesney and Trace Adkins.
- Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list. I want to write more fun and inspiring blog posts this summer because I have lots of new ideas! I also want to be more dedicated to my workout routine and read a few books for myself this summer, including Gone With The Wind.
- Bikini, tankini, or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year! I have always worn bikinis and I love the ones from Target because they are affordable and have so many cute styles! I love bright colors, tropical florals, and nautical stripes!
- Summer means heat… and sweat! What’s your favorite sweat proof product this year? Aside from the obvious Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (review here), I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Cream Eyeshadows and the L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation because they can both survive the apocalypse, not to mention 85 degree humidity!
- Summer wouldn’t be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be? Why create your own dream ice cream flavor, when it already exists? In Maui, my parents and I always go to Lappert’s and I get the Kauai Pie ice cream, which is Kona coffee ice cream, chocolate fudge, macadamia nuts, and coconut! Yum!!!
Connect With Me: