We just decorated our Christmas tree today and I’m definitely in the holiday spirit today , so I came up with the super cute idea of writing a post in which I share my favorite holiday lipsticks and glosses as well as my favorite Christmas songs! I’m so excited to share this unique and fun post with you so if you’re interested, keep on reading!
MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY LIPPIES
- The first product I will mention today is the L’Oreal Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Red Lipstick in “Blake’s Red”. I just bought this lovely matte red lipstick at CVS the other day. This is from their collection of reds made by celebrities of different skin tones and this specific one is by one of my favorite celebrities, Blake Lively! I bought one of these formy friend as well because she loves red lipstick and is obsessed with Blake Lively! I ended up buying mine for around $10 at CVS, but it’s cheaper at Target. It’s a cool-tones classic cherry red, perfect for this time of the year. It is also great quality as I had initially expected, and lasts quite a long time while feeling moisturizing on the lips. If you like reds, I highly suggest that you check out this elegantly packaged collection!
- Even though I’ve already mentioned this several times already on my blog, I simply could not do a holiday lipstick post without including my beloved Rimmel 107! Like the one above, it’s also matte, but this is a much darker shade, and rather than being a true red, it’s more of a berry-red. It also lasts really well, isn’t drying, and I could not ask for anything better! It’s only $5, so please do yourself a favor and try it!
- NARS’ Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Cruella” is another Christmasy lip shade that I’ve mentioned before on my blog. This is by far the most long-lasting one out of these five and is the first red lipstick I’ve ever liked! I got it for my birthday present from Sephora in a mini size, so if you haven’t gotten your b-day gift, run to Sephora right now! If you don’t want to spend $25 on this one though, then Rimmel 107 is almost an exact dupe and just as good!
- I was able to try Too Faced’s “Naked Dolly” when I got a mini tube of it from a value set. At first, I absolutely hated it because it washed me out and literally made me look like a corpse. It’s a light, true nude lipstick with a pretty pink tone that looks great if you’re going for that type of look. If your skin is medium or dark, you probably won’t love it, but in the winter months when my skin is lighter, I can kind of pull it off! They are very creamy, buttery, and moisturizing, and would look great with a more dramatic eye look for Christmas or New Years!
- I also got NARS “Supervixen” Lipgloss from a summer value set and I have absolutely fallen in love with it! It’s a sparkly bronzey mauve color that literally looks perfect with any lipstick you could ever imagine. Even though it’s also ideal for summer, the beautiful gold sheen looks great for Christmas, too! These are very expensive, so I only use it on special occasions. If I ever find a dupe, I’ll let you know, but if you enjoy splurging on high-end glosses, check out this one because it’s the best lipgloss formula I’ve ever tried!
Here’s some swatches so you can see how they look together!
MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY LYRICS
- Obviously, I couldn’t talk about music without raving about Dolly Parton. She’s made several Christmas-themed albums over the years including duets with Kenny Rogers. and her songs always put me in the holiday spirit. My favorites are “A Christmas to Remember” and “Christmas Without You”, but she also does a great job with all the classics, of course!
- If you like country music, then you’ll love Lucy Hale‘s Christmas songs like “Christmas Baby Please Come Home” and “Mistletoe”!
- I also love Taylor Swift’s “Last Christmas” as well as her other Chrismtas songs!
- And of course I have to be the typical teenage girl and mention Mariah Carey’s “All I Want Christmas is You”! It’s just so much fun!
- Ever since I was little, one of my favorite classics has always been “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” because its more fast and makes me want to dance. I also love lots of the Nat King Cole Christmas songs because that’s what my dad always played in the house.
I had so much fun doinng this little “tag” and I encourage all of you to share your favorite Lippies and Lyrics, too!
Connect With Me: