1) Do you remember your first makeup item? I don’t really remember my very first makeup item, but I know that the first thing I ever bought from Sephora was a lip gloss from Korres when I was about 12. I remember that I was with my older friend who was really into makeup and I had never been there before. I was so overwhelmed and knew nothing about makeup, so I just randomly bought that gloss just so I could buy something!
2) Describe your perfect mascara? Have you found one that fits your specifications? My ideal mascara would have it all! It would make my lashes look super long, curly, full, soft, and voluminous! I haven’t found one that fits all of these specifications, but so far the best one that I’ve tried yet is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, which I reviewed here. My dream mascara might be too good to be true, but let me know what your favorite mascara is in the comments!
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? I really like a medium coverage for everyday, but it’s important that it looks natural and feels very lightweight.
4) Favorite high-end brand? It probably won’t come as a surprise to many of you that I absolutely love Too Faced! All of their products are amazing quality and I love everything from them!
5) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? I’ve always wanted to try something from Bobbi Brown, Stila, and Anastasia Beverly Hills, but I haven’t had the opportunity to yet. I also want to try more Nars, Benefit, and MAC products in the future since I like what I’ve tried from them so far. I’d love to see what you’ve been wanting to try too, so feel free to leave a comment down below!
6) Favorite drugstore brand? I think I have the most products from L’Oreal and I really love all they have to offer. They are produced by the same company as Giorgio Armani and are amazing quality! But to be honest, I really like all of them!
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes? I’ve never worn falsies before and don’t really plan on wearing them in the future. I just don’t really like the way they look when you close your eyes or look down. I prefer a more natural look, but if had to wear fake lashes, I’d wear the individual ones.
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? I always apply some concealer to any blemishes that I might have and some mascara and lipgloss to make my eyes pop!
9) What is your most cherished beauty product? I love my Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Cream Bronzer since I got it in Paris. My Naked Palette is also very special to me because my great-aunt gave it to me for Christmas!
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or a bunch of goodies at once? I usually do a haul every month or so. I kind of like to pick up an item here and there and also buy a bunch of things all at once.
11) Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? I definitely have a beauty budget. I only recently picked up my first high-end lipstick and still can’t pull the trigger on the Too Faced “Sun Bunny” Bronzer that I have wanted forever!
12) Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics? Absolutely! I have a rewards/membership card for both Sephora and Ulta and always use coupons when I buy cosmetics at CVS! I feel so accomplished when I save money!
13) What type of product to do you buy the most of? This is a super hard question to answer! I think it really just depends on what phase I’m in. Sometimes I’m obsessed with trying new bronzers or lipsticks or highlighters or eyeshadows. I love everything!
14) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand? I haven’t found an entire brand that I don’t like, but there are always individual products from each brand that I don’t care for.
15) Do you avoid certain cosmetics such as parabens or sulfates? If I really want something and it has good reviews, I will but it no matter what the ingredients are. However, it is nice when you buy something that doesn’t have all of those chemicals and things.
16) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup? I love Sephora! They always seem to have everything in stock, the employees are always so personable and helpful, and they have a really good return policy! I also like Ulta since they have all of the drugstore brands as well the high-end ones!
17) Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine? I usually keep my routine pretty consistent, but my makeup routine (especially my eyeshadow) always changes.
18) Favorite bath and body brand? I usually just have my mom buy me some random shower gels from the drugstore, but I do really like Bath and Body Works!
19) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose? Too Faced! They have everything you could possible want or need!
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging? I have to admit Benefit Cosmetics beats Too Faced for the best packaging in my opinion! Even though Too Faced has super sleek and elegant packaging, I really like how Benefit products are more creative and fun!
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup? Carrie Underwood’s makeup always looks so flawless and naturally pretty!
22) Do you belong to any online makeup communities? Other than WordPress, not really.
23) Five favorite beauty gurus? This is easy since I already talked about this one of my earlier posts! My absolute favorites are Jaclyn Hill, KathleenLights, Ingrid Nilsen, Zoella, and Amelia Liana!
24) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains? I don’t think I’ve ever tried a lip or cheek stain, but I do like multi-purpose makeup products, especially for traveling!
25) Are you clumsy when putting on makeup? I usually end up with mascara all over my previously perfect eyeshadow, but other than that, no.
26) Do you use a makeup base/primer for your eyes? Yes! I love my Urban Decay “Original” Primer Potion and think it’s completely worth the money! I would definitely encourage all of you to invest in a good-quality primer because it is so important when you want your eyeshadow to last the entire day.
28) What do you use first, concealer or foundation? I usually do both my under-eye highlighting concealer and my concealer for blemishes after foundation. I find that when I apply concealer before, it ends up disappearing.
29) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? I can’t really afford them right now, but I think it would be super fun and educational! If any of you have taken these types of classes before, I’d love to know about your experience!
30) What do you love about makeup? I love the way I feel when I’m applying it each morning! I wake up every morning excited to see what new look I will create and the feeling I get when I’m shopping in Sephora is like no other. I love the way it empowers women and lets them express themselves in a special way. I honestly can’t imagine my life without makeup!
Connect With Me On: