1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I think I was around 13 when I started wearing eyeshadow and everything, but even when I was a toddler, I would play with my mom and my grandma’s makeup! I started wearing a full face of makeup to school freshman (last) year.
2. How did you get into makeup? Honestly, I don’t remember for sure. Ever since I was little I used to play with pretend makeup, but last year I became officially obsessed with it!
3. What are some of your favorite brands? My favorite drugstore brand is L’Oreal, but I also love Maybelline and NYX. My favorite high-end brand is Too Faced!
4. What does makeup mean to you? Makeup is one of my greatest passions in life and I consider it to be my hobby. I just enjoy putting it on and seeing how much I am improving my skills. It is a way to enhance my natural features, express myself, feel empowered, and it really is a form of art!
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? Foundation, mascara, lip gloss, and eyeshadow!
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup? I love how much fun it is and how happy it makes me. I love collecting new products and organizing all of it, putting it on, and feeling beautiful!
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high-end makeup? When I first started getting into makeup, I only used drugstore makeup and I thought would never ever spend so much money on high-end products. Oh, how things have changed! I have recently been purchasing a lot of high-end products, but still use lots of drugstore ones, too. I think that there are a lot of amazing and inexpensive products out there just like there are high-end ones. I love them both, but either way, I always do a lot of research before I buy anything and usually end up loving everything!
8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner? I know this sounds cliché, but less really is more! Makeup is not meant to cover anything up, it is meant to show off what you already have! Oh, and don’t forget that practice makes perfect and to blend, blend, blend!
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood? I really don’t understand dark lip liner or fake looking eyebrows!
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube? Although I do not have my own channel on YouTube (which I would love to do), I do watch beauty videos all the time and love the friendly atmosphere it has to offer. I have learned so much from YouTube!