Hi, beauties! This post is dedicated to the Tarte “Rainforest After Dark” Colored Clay and Cheek Palette, which is “inspired by the rain forest’s deep orchid hues at dusk.”
This palette is perfect for traveling since it contains almost everything you need and is surprisingly compact. It has beautiful, elegant packaging: a large mirror with a stunning gold serpent on the lid, embellished with a purple gem.
I use it more for nighttime looks, but it can be easily used to create natural daytime looks, as well. I like using the neutral mattes for when I want a basic, simple, and sophisticated eye with winged liner for a classic look, but I also love how the more dramatic plum shades look with a nude lip! The colors are gorgeous, and I am always excited to use it and see what look I will come up with next!
“Champagne” Highlighter: This is a pretty shimmery highlighter with yellow undertones. It is a little difficult to blend, but is very glowy. This might look more frosty on darker skin tones, so it would look better on more fair or medium to tan skin.
“Park Avenue Princess” Bronzer: This is a medium matte brown color with neutral undertones. Fortunately, it does not look orangey or muddy and blends beautifully, which makes it great for contouring!
“Unleashed” Blush: This matte nude-rose shade is very natural looking and very buildable. It is one of my favorite things about the palette and I wish they sold it individiually because it is probably one of the most stunning blushes I have ever used!
If there’s one thing that you should know about me, it’s that I love purple and I am very glad that I know have these unique purpley shades in my collection! The eyeshadows in this palette have nice pigmentation and are good quality and blend well. I would definitely suggest using a good primer before applying these eyeshadows to improve the pigmentation and make them last even longer, though!
- “Bare to Explore”: This milky matte pinky-beige color is great to blend into your crease or use as an all-over shade and is one of my favorite shades out of all the others!
- “Make a Mauve”: This dusty matte plum mauve color is slightly sheer and gives a feminine wash of color to your eyes.
- “Plum Away With Me”: This shade is a shimmery dark plum and is the reason I was initially drawn to the palette. However, it looks less metallic and plum-toned, and more dark when applied than in the pan. To be honest, I am a little disappointed in this particular color because it can be a little hard to blend and fades away when you try to blend it out. I recommend using a pray or mist like MAC Fix Plus to intensify the shimmer and pigment.
- “Up to No Gold”: This shimmery gold is a great shade to highlight your inner corner for a unique pop of color or apply all over your lid for a nice gold eye. It is excellent quality, very pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting!
- “Tan-gled Up in You”: This matte tan color is perfect to blend in your crease as a transition shade.
- “Don’t Turn A-Brown”: This matte dark brown is wonderful to put on your outer corner or use as an eyeliner.
If you are interested in this product, you can purchase it at Ulta or Sephora or orer it directly from the Tarte Website for $40. It is no longer limited edition, so now it is a permanent product, which means you can still purchase this if you’re interested and like what you’ve read! Hopefully this review was helpful and I’ll see you all soon!